Permaculture in Action

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yarn Along

We are experiencing some much cooler weather at the moment. From 45c to high 20's. what a relief. And I'm making good use of it by doing some knitting. My grandson's first birthday is coming up in March and I have have been looking around for something to knit for him. I saw Harper's hoodie over at SouleMamas and decided that it was just the one for Evan. I ordered some lovely yarn from quince and co and it arrived yesterday just in time for the cooler weather. So not to waste a single moment I've caste on the stitches and I'm off and running.



This yarn is 1005 wool and so beautifully soft to work with. The colour is gingerbread.

 It is supposed to remain cooler for the next week. I'll see how much I can get done.


A view of the sky this evening. Quite overcaste with the promise of a little rain.



Such a small window of opportunity. No time for reading!

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things. Hit the Yarn Along button on the sidebar to see all the wonderful yarny things people are up to.




6 comments:

  1. Hello - A year old already! I loved that pattern when I saw it, and your yarn is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cooler weather is such a welcome relief here too. Perfect for knitting :) I was thinking about starting a new project very soon too. I saw the Soulemama project you are knitting, and it is lovely. In that colour you have chosen it will be perfect on your little man. Look forward to seeing the progress Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe Evan is going to be a year old already, that was fast.

    Isn't knitting with Quince yarn so nice? I have to say it is one of my favorite
    yarns and you picked such a pretty color.

    Glad you are a little cooler, we are too and I am so happy! Now if I could just get a little snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this cooler weather Kate! I have actually been out in the garden.

    Can't wait to see the finished hoodie.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little hoodie will be wonderful for him; what a great pattern. It's nice to have some cooler weather, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kate, good to hear you've had some cooler temps and I hope you got some rain......we could certainly do with a good drop here.
    Love the name of the yarn......it's hard to believe Evan is going to be one in March.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete